Saturday, September 12, 2009

2009 Special Olympics and Sarah Palin

"[Obama] thinks that the Special Olympics are a wonderful program that gives an opportunity to shine to people with disabilities from around the world," Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton told reporters, adding that Obama only meant the comment to be a be a funny quip about his poor bowling skills, according to The Associated Press.







Governor Sarah Palin stated "I did not know what to expect when I learned that our child would be born with Down's Syndrome, it was a kaleidoscope of emotions, one minute, so elated, the next one pretty apprehensive, confident one moment, then uncertain and I was excited and I was scared. But when Trig finally entered the world all of those conflicting emotions came into sharp focus, and we knew that everything was going to be okay. When I first held Trig, it was like an hour glass turned upside down, my heart filled up with love as my mind emptied itself of all the different worries, fears and concerns that I had when I carried him. Everyone wants their child to be perfect and with Trig that's exactly what we got."

"Everyone worries about what the future will hold for their new born child. With Trig we have hopes and concerns and dreams just as we do for all of our children.

No comments: